5 ways to help our fellow oklahomans
My heart poured out as I watched those devastating images unfold on the news yesterday. Our neighbors in Moore, OK had been hit by a monster tornado, the 2nd time in 5 years. I ached for Oklahomans yet to reunite with their loved ones, those who've lost entire neighborhoods, and who have lost nearly everything that afternoon.
Most importantly, I wanted to find a way to help providing some avenues with which to provide immediate and much needed relief to the victims.
Here are 5 Ways to Help our Fellow Oklahomans:
- Donate $10 to the Red Cross by texting "REDCROSS" to 90999 or donate online or by phone at 1-800-RED CROSS.
- Give blood at your local blood bank or hospital
- Donate to the United Way of Central Oklahoma’s Disaster Relief Fund. Checks, with a notation of "May Tornado Relief" can also be sent to the United Way of Central Oklahoma, P.O. Box 837, Oklahoma City, OK , 73101.
- The Salvation Army is sending mobile kitchens that can serve meals to 2,500 people a day. Supporters can donate online via the organization's website, SalvationArmyUSA.org or text the word STORM to 80888 to make a $10 donation.
- Donate money to the Food Bank of Oklahoma to provide much needed rations for the coming weeks.
Please pass this information on and say some prayers for all of our neighbors who have lost so much so quickly.